The Many Benefits of 2 in 1 DoorsMay 29, 2018
There are a variety of types of attractive entry doors to choose from today, standard wood, French, glass, leadlight, and 2 in 1 doors. However, of these, 2 in 1 doors have more benefits than the others. What truly makes 2 in 1 doors stand out among other styles of entry doors is their versatility. What are 2 in 1 doors?
While most doors have few main functions, such as to allow entrance, security, and to provide aesthetic appeal, 2 in 1 doors offer other benefits too because of their unique design. Basically, 2 in 1 doors consist of two sections. The main section, which has hinges that attach to the door frame, and an inner, centre section that consists of a hinged open panel that can have a decorative iron mesh or grill that is on the outside.
The hinged inner panel is able to open, allowing fresh air to enter while still providing protection because of the iron mess or grill on the outside of the door. This feature is what makes 2 in 1 doors so popular because you are able to open the interior panel, while the entry door is still closed and locked.
In this way, 2 in 1 doors allow you to either let fresh air into your home, while keeping insects out, or to see and speak to others comfortably behind a closed and locked door. Prior to 2 in 1 doors, the only other way to enjoy these benefits was to install a separate screen door on the outside of the entry door. Although effective, it isn’t attractive, or as secure as the 2 in 1 door design.
In summary, here is a list of benefits a 2 in 1 door can offer you:
- Customised look and appeal.
- Various hinged opening panel designs to choose from.
- Range of styles of wrought iron mesh panels.
- Allows fresh air into your home, but keeps insects out.
- The ability to greet and speak face-to-face with visitors, while the entry door is locked and closed.
- Small panels can be customised to accommodate cats and dogs.
For many decades, people have struggled with trying to enjoy the increased ventilation that screen doors offer, with the security of closed lock doors, but now, that struggle is over. Thanks to 2 in 1 entry doors, homeowners can now enjoy the benefit of allowing fresh air into their homes, without sacrificing security by leaving the front door open.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Deciding on the Right Front Door Colours: Know the Do's and Don'ts
- The Best Custom Made Front Door Design Options for a Contemporary Home
- Five Things to Consider When You're Replacing Your Front Entry Door
- Quality Front-Entry Frames that Will Surely Last: Contact Shandfield Doors
- Enhance the Natural Wood Grain Patterns of Your Front-Entry Door Through Staining
- Give Your Entryway a Luxurious Feel by Installing Leadlight Doors
- Shandfield Doors Create Precision-Made Internal Doors That Suit Your Room's Specifications
- Custom Made Doors that Suit Your Taste and the Specifications of Your Home
- Uses and Functions of Door Jambs and Architraves
- Two-in-One Doors: Providing Ventilation, Insect Control, and Security All at the Same Time
- Hinged, Bi-Folding or Sliding: Versatile Internal Door Design Options
- Recommended Front Door Designs That Ensure Both Beauty and Security
- Internal Bedroom Doors: Choose Solid Timber for Added Privacy and Quality
- Signs that Tell You Need a Front Door Replacement
- Timber Framed Glazed Doors: Qualities that Make Them Stand Out
- Leadlight Doors versus Stained-Glass Ones: Are There Differences?
- Are Front Doors with Peepholes Out-Dated?
- Balancing Sturdiness and Sophistication: Why Door Designs Should not be Taken for Granted
- Unusual Front Door Colours That Might Actually Look Great
- Different Hardwood Door Materials That Are Ideal for Front Door Uses
- Can Recycled Timber Be Used to Make Doors?
- Popular Front Door Designs and Styles that You Can Choose From
- Should You Paint Your Timber Door or Go with Varnish and Wood Stain?
- Features to Look for When Making a Choice for your Front Door
- View all articles…