Solid and Semi-Solid Internal Doors: What are the Differences?July 17, 2018
Whether you are in the process of building a new home or merely looking to upgrade an old one, you'll need to at some point pay attention to the quality of your doors. Doors are routinely taken for granted and it is only when we are forced to purchase new ones that we have to consider the differences between our various options. Today, we are going to spend some time discussing the quality of solid and semi-solid internal doors. We are also going to outline the differences between these two styles of doors. With any luck, this information will set you on the path toward outfitting your home the right way.
Solid and Semi-Solid Internal Doors
If you've never built a home or purchased a door before, you likely have no idea just how different your options can be. While there are a large variety of different door choices to choose from, we're going to narrow our discussion to two general archetypes: solid and semi-solid internal doors. Let's start by discussing what these kinds of doors actually are.
Solid Doors - Most people probably aren't familiar with the construction process of doors, so let's start with the most typical door. Solid doors are constructed with a core material, typically some kind of dense timber, before air, cardboard and other materials are helped to cultivate the shape.
Semi-Solid Doors - Semi-solid doors are similar in construction to solid doors, but with a slight alteration. Rather than being solid to their core, semi-solid doors feature a composite that has been cushioned with other materials.
What are the differences?
Well, now that we know how the two types of doors are constructed, we can point out a few obvious differences.
- Solid Doors - Provide better soundproofing. They are more durable and heavier duty, for security reasons. They typically more expensive.
- Semi-Solid Doors - Semi-solid doors are going to be lighter, easier to install, and less expensive.
Picking the right door is all about knowing your home and your specific needs. Talking to a professional, such as our team here at Shandfield Doors, can help to set you up for success!
Upgrade Your Home with Help from Shandfield Doors
Here at Shandfield Doors, we understand how important it is to be comfortable with the quality, visual appeal, and security of the door son your building. That is why we are completely focused on providing our customers with accurate quotes, professional products, and quick and convenient service. When you are ready to upgrade the doors in your home, reach out and give us a call. Our showroom is open Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM as well as Saturday from 9 AM to 2 PM.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Deciding on the Right Front Door Colours: Know the Do's and Don'ts
- The Best Custom Made Front Door Design Options for a Contemporary Home
- Five Things to Consider When You're Replacing Your Front Entry Door
- Quality Front-Entry Frames that Will Surely Last: Contact Shandfield Doors
- Enhance the Natural Wood Grain Patterns of Your Front-Entry Door Through Staining
- Give Your Entryway a Luxurious Feel by Installing Leadlight Doors
- Shandfield Doors Create Precision-Made Internal Doors That Suit Your Room's Specifications
- Custom Made Doors that Suit Your Taste and the Specifications of Your Home
- Uses and Functions of Door Jambs and Architraves
- Two-in-One Doors: Providing Ventilation, Insect Control, and Security All at the Same Time
- Hinged, Bi-Folding or Sliding: Versatile Internal Door Design Options
- Recommended Front Door Designs That Ensure Both Beauty and Security
- Internal Bedroom Doors: Choose Solid Timber for Added Privacy and Quality
- Signs that Tell You Need a Front Door Replacement
- Timber Framed Glazed Doors: Qualities that Make Them Stand Out
- Leadlight Doors versus Stained-Glass Ones: Are There Differences?
- Are Front Doors with Peepholes Out-Dated?
- Balancing Sturdiness and Sophistication: Why Door Designs Should not be Taken for Granted
- Unusual Front Door Colours That Might Actually Look Great
- Different Hardwood Door Materials That Are Ideal for Front Door Uses
- Can Recycled Timber Be Used to Make Doors?
- Popular Front Door Designs and Styles that You Can Choose From
- Should You Paint Your Timber Door or Go with Varnish and Wood Stain?
- Features to Look for When Making a Choice for your Front Door
- View all articles…