Signs that Tell You Need a Front Door ReplacementMay 2, 2019
The front door has always been an integral part to homes, as any form of ingress and egress occurred via the front door. This is the reason why many entryways of the past eras were richly ornamented or otherwise decorated and styled in a manner that served both to announce the protective nature of the front door and its artistic importance.
If you have a front door that you think needs to be repaired or replaced, you may have deliberated on whether or not to actually get it repaired – and for good reason. Front doors, especially the old-fashioned ones, were intended to be long-lasting, hardy, low-maintenance barriers. Even today, front doors not only served as an entrance and exit, but also as a primary line of defence against potential invaders.
If you are contemplating getting a new front door, but you don’t know how to tell if you need a front door replacement or not, here are some good key points to consider:
• Battered doorway – if your doorway looks like it survived a Viking raid, or if it has seen better days and is now the shadow of its former glory, then it is definitely time to consider a replacement. Battered doorways can be dangerous, as they are not only less structurally sound, but a broken door should be replaced for the sake of security.
If your door is too old to be serviceable or presentable, then it is time to replace it.
• Termite-infested doors – if your door is housing pests like termites, it is high time that you replace it immediately. Not only can these pests compromises the functionality of your door, but they will eventually contaminate and harm the rest of the woodwork in your house as well.
• Broken doorway – some doors are outright broken. Whether they have been damaged accidentally or have become worn with age, some people still hesitate replacing their doorways. The reason may be one’s own budget limitations, a lack of access to a selection of quality front door replacements, or there is an appeal to the ‘if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it’ idea that can make it difficult to get a replacement door.
Taking into consideration the quality, design, and age of your front door, it is the physical condition that should be the ultimate sign that your front door needs to be replaced. The main reason being for the sake of security, to ensure the safety of your family and home.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Eye-catching Leadlight Doors: Reasons Why You Need to Install One
- Brighten Up Your Home with a French Door Design
- View all articles…
- Should You Paint Your Timber Door or Go with Varnish and Wood Stain?
- Features to Look for When Making a Choice for your Front Door
- View all articles…