It’s Not Just About Design: Make Your Home Safer with High Quality Front DoorsJanuary 14, 2018
Front doors are one of the most integral parts of a any house because they secure a homes and provide protection from the elements outside. Front doors come in a wide assortment of materials and can be made into various standard shapes or forms, depending on the specific needs of a home.
Because of this, there is no one ‘perfect’ type of front door. A lot of homeowners have a propensity for focusing too keenly on the aesthetics of front doors before deciding to purchase one, and often times very little attention is paid to the overall quality of it. More often than not, they miss out on focusing on any additional safety protocols that a great front door can provide.
If you are thinking about renovating your house, you might want to consider upgrading the front door as well.
Make Your Home Safer with High Quality Front Doors
Nowadays, there is a near-unlimited selection of types and designs of front doors that you can choose from – some old-fashioned, and some with high-tech features. But with the sheer number of front doors available, how does one choose the perfect fit for a home? By balancing aesthetic appeal while maximising safety.
Here are some guidelines that should help in choosing a quality front door that will make your home safer, and that is still aesthetically appealing:
- Quality – when it comes to the front door of your home, always choose quality over price. While you may be tempted to think that high-quality doors are just for upper class homes, then that is not true. Quality is oftentimes associated with sturdiness and dependability, and in regards to front doors, it means extra security. If you had to choose either between a decorative front door that can easily be broken down or a standard designed door that would take a battering ram to fall, always choose the latter.
- Innovation – doors aren’t the simplistic things that they were in the olden days. Nowadays, doors have kept up with the times and have employed top-notch technology to ensure additional safety and security. Quality, hardwood front doors can accommodate specialised locks or a passkey security system that can make your home more secure. Making them well worth the investment, as a home can never be too secure.
- Aesthetics – of course, security should never be sacrificed for the sake of aesthetics. However, it is possible to reach a compromise when it comes to a quality front door for you home, one that looks great and is very secure.
If you’re looking for an excellent resource for doors and doorway installation, Shandfield Doors has you covered. Services include expert custom made doors, door installation, staining, painting, front-entry frames, jams and architraves.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Deciding on the Right Front Door Colours: Know the Do's and Don'ts
- The Best Custom Made Front Door Design Options for a Contemporary Home
- Five Things to Consider When You're Replacing Your Front Entry Door
- Quality Front-Entry Frames that Will Surely Last: Contact Shandfield Doors
- Enhance the Natural Wood Grain Patterns of Your Front-Entry Door Through Staining
- Give Your Entryway a Luxurious Feel by Installing Leadlight Doors
- Shandfield Doors Create Precision-Made Internal Doors That Suit Your Room's Specifications
- Custom Made Doors that Suit Your Taste and the Specifications of Your Home
- Uses and Functions of Door Jambs and Architraves
- Two-in-One Doors: Providing Ventilation, Insect Control, and Security All at the Same Time
- Hinged, Bi-Folding or Sliding: Versatile Internal Door Design Options
- Recommended Front Door Designs That Ensure Both Beauty and Security
- Internal Bedroom Doors: Choose Solid Timber for Added Privacy and Quality
- Signs that Tell You Need a Front Door Replacement
- Timber Framed Glazed Doors: Qualities that Make Them Stand Out
- Leadlight Doors versus Stained-Glass Ones: Are There Differences?
- Are Front Doors with Peepholes Out-Dated?
- Balancing Sturdiness and Sophistication: Why Door Designs Should not be Taken for Granted
- Unusual Front Door Colours That Might Actually Look Great
- Different Hardwood Door Materials That Are Ideal for Front Door Uses
- Can Recycled Timber Be Used to Make Doors?
- Popular Front Door Designs and Styles that You Can Choose From
- Should You Paint Your Timber Door or Go with Varnish and Wood Stain?
- Features to Look for When Making a Choice for your Front Door
- View all articles…