Internal Bedroom Doors: Choose Solid Timber for Added Privacy and QualityMay 15, 2019
The bedroom is one of the most important aspects of any home. People spend most of their day in it sleeping, preparing, or sharing intimate moments with loved ones. Needless to say, bedroom doors should be made of high quality materials to ensure privacy and safety. For this reason, it is highly recommended to use solid timber for your internal bedroom doors.
What is a Solid Timber Door?
Solid timber doors are constructed with wood which have been cut directly from trees for shaping and polishing. They can also be made of hardwood materials such as beech, brushbox, ironwood, red mahogany, and tallowwood. However, solid timber doors could also come from softwoods such as cedar, cypress, fir, hemlock, kauri, pine, and spruce.
The main takeaway is that solid timber has to be made of pure and unadulterated wood through and through, which distinguishes them from manufactured wooden products. Manufactured or engineered wood is comprised of wooden fibres, strands, and veneers that have been glued to form a single composite, such as pressed particle board.
The benefits of solid timber bedroom doors are:
Engineered wooden doors can be durable with the right materials and construction, but their durability still pales in comparison to solid timber doors which can last up to decades with proper care and maintenance.
2. Increased Security and Toughness
Bedroom doors made of solid hardwood timber offer a wider a range of toughness compared to manufactured wood. Due to their tough nature, solid timber doors provide added security and privacy to every bedroom in your home.
Engineered wood may be designed to imitate the beauty of natural wood. However, it will never have the same feel, texture, colour, and overall aesthetic value and appeal as solid timber.
The combination of aesthetic quality, toughness, and durability makes solid timber a cost-effective choice when compared to the characteristics of other materials, and using it on your bedroom doors gives the best value for your money.
Where can I get solid timber doors for my bedroom?
Shandfield Doors is the leading door maker and installation services in the Bayswater area. We have been around for more than 25 years and can accommodate all of your door needs, such as supplying and installing solid timber doors for your bedrooms. Depending on your budget, you can choose from a variety of hardwoods, softwoods, prefabricated, or custom designed bedroom doors.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- How to Decide on Finishing Touches for Your Door
- Different Door Styles to Add as Custom Features to Your New Home
- Mould and Mildew on Exterior Doors: Why They Happen and How to Get Rid of Them
- Can Various Weather Conditions Affect Your Front Entry Door?
- How Internal Doors Can Help Facelift Your Home's Interior Space
- Leadlight Doors and Stained Glass Doors: An Interplay of Unique Designs and Colours
- Doors of Distinction: Why Your Front Door Style and Functionality Matters?
- Beautiful Lead Light Front Doors Add to the Exterior Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Installing Wood Doors for a Contemporary Home
- An Architect’s Guide to Door Selection
- Choosing a New Front Door: Some Important Points to Keep in Mind
- A Homeowner's Guide to Interior Door Materials
- Stunning Leadlight Design Ideas for Your Home
- Your Guide to Different Door Materials and Styles
- Eye-catching Leadlight Doors: Reasons Why You Need to Install One
- Brighten Up Your Home with a French Door Design
- View all articles…
- Should You Paint Your Timber Door or Go with Varnish and Wood Stain?
- Features to Look for When Making a Choice for your Front Door
- View all articles…