Easy Ways to Clean Your Wood Exterior DoorsSeptember 29, 2017
In Australia, wooden doors are used in most houses today, all across the country, and they come in all shapes and sizes. In fact, custom made wooden doors can be crafted into any design you want, and when constructed from hardwood they can last for decades. However, most home owners do not know how to maintain their quality front doors and these can become worn prematurely, but with a little care you can keep your doors looking beautiful and in top condition, with these helpful step-by-step tips:
Stage 1: Scheduled Cleaning
It is normal for doors to get covered with dust, dirt and cobwebs. While these things are not necessarily harmful to wood, over a longer period of time, these can cause abrasions and damage the varnish or surface of wood doors. Using a typical duster, it is advised to clean the dust off your front door at least twice a month, as this will help to keep the door clean. You can also use a piece of cloth to wipe off built up particles and cobwebs.
Stage 2: Removing Stains
Over the years, it is common for wood to develop stains that will just not go away while using only a duster. Cleaning these stains and spots caused by rain and dirt is critical so that they don’t cause further damage to the wood. For this type of cleaning, you can mix a bit of liquid dish soap in a bowl of water and then use sponge to try and remove the stains.
Such types of weathering stains often appear around the edges of doors, an area which are gets overlooked while cleaning. For tougher stains and dirt, you can try and use hot water, liquid soap, and a rough rag.
Stage 3: Professional Cleaning and Maintenance
While regular, simple cleaning is helpful for preserving wooden doors, there are times it just isn’t enough, such as when there is paint or varnish damage. Older door may have developed cracks and inevitable deep scratches, and these require more than a simple DIY solution because it can cause more damage. Under such circumstances, professional assistance is needed to clean, repair and reseal wood doors.
By up-keeping your home’s front door, by regularly cleaning it and having it repaired and restored when needed, will ensure that you do not have to replace it with a new door. However, there comes a time when a new door is needed, that is when Shandfield Doors can help. With many years of experience in all phases of designing, manufacturing, repairing, and installing all types of wood doors, you can trust that your home is in good hands with Shandfield Doors.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Why is it Important to Get Your Doors Professionally Made and Installed?
- Fail Safe Tips When Choosing a Backdoor for your Home
- Door Safety Tips that Every Homeowner Should Know
- Front Door Features and Options
- To Stain or To Paint Your Doors? Things that You Need to Consider
- Interior Door Designs that Will Add a "Wow" Factor to Your Home
- Easy Ways to Clean Your Wood Exterior Doors
- Get the Right Exterior Door to Improve Your First Impression
- Differences between Hinged, Sliding, and Bi-Folding Doors
- Door Designs and Patterns for Bedroom Doors
- What Are 2-in-1 Doors?
- How to Choose a Good Front Door for Your Home
- What Makes Leadlight Doors Uniquely Beautiful?
- Modern Front Door Design Ideas